This latest addition to the Focus On ... series examines the teaching
of grammar in language and literacy programs. It explores the issues of
grammar from a practical perspective by focussing on:
A thoughtful, practical, clear and comprehensive resource ...
- the nature of grammar
- different perspectives on grammar
- the characteristics of educational grammar
- the place of grammar in various teaching approaches
- the place of grammar in language programs and why students need to learn grammar as part of their language learning
- how to design language and literacy programs which integrate the teaching of grammar
- how to integrate grammar into the teaching of spoken and written discourse
- questions commonly asked about the teaching of grammar
- classromm activities and tasks related to grammar.